Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lonely as an Island

Lonely as an island, carefree like the wanton wind that blows
My life is but a wretched mess,
Cold and choppy like the waters that touch its shores

I wait with a flicker of hope that burns eternal
Waiting for due deliverance from this weary mortal frame
But the Moving Finger has different plans for me
And I am just a mere pawn in His game!

What misdeeds have I done to deserve this all
What grave sin is mine that I suffer so
Is a question that I fear to ask
Though that is something I yearn to know.

Sadness some say is a passing thing
And that mercy is all pervasive
But all I see is a lost cause, that’s become my life
And the remotest signs of happiness are so elusive.

Hang on, there must be light at the end of the tunnel, cries out a part of me
Again that darned thing called Hope!
But does He know, he who rules up there somewhere,
Of this miserable solitude, that I can barely cope!

Lonely as an Island am I
Carefree like the wanton wind that blows
Not a soul to call my own have I,
But only a dull pain deep within that grows.